Top Tier Interior Designers From Across the U.S. Including Barclay, Butera, Vern Yip, Among Others Will Contribute to the Concept House Debuting in October 2019
(New York, May 16, 2019) – House Beautiful today announced its line-up of interior designers who will contribute to the magazine’s second annual Whole Home Concept House in Nashville, Tennessee. The nearly 6,000 sq. ft. home will be constructed in the English Arts and Crafts style and created in partnership with Castle Homes. Interior designers Amy Berry, Barclay Butera, Joy Huber and Rachel Haag of Castle Homes, Chenault James, Dani Arps, Tavia Forbes and Monet Masters of Forbes+Masters, Kristine Paige Kamenstein of Jackson Paige Interiors, Matthew Quinn and Richard Anuszkiewicz of Design Galleria Kitchen & Bath Studio, Lauren Moore, Evan Millard, and Betsy Traube of Modern Remains, and Vern Yip will each provide their design expertise to create a home that is beautiful and with the intention to promote happier, healthier, and smarter living. The Whole Home Concept House will debut in Nashville in tandem with the brand’s November 2019 issue, which hits newsstands on October 17, 2019.
“At House Beautiful, we believe your home should work for you – bringing you joy, helping you reconnect with family and recover from external stresses,” said Carisha Swanson, Senior Editor and Market Director. “This house will illustrate these concepts through layout, product, and inspiration, providing actionable ideas that readers and visitors can implement in their own homes. I look forward to seeing this exceptional group of designers bring these ideas to life and transform these spaces into more than just beautiful rooms.”
Each of these designers were chosen because they believe in the power of home and its ability to set the tone for our daily lives. They will contribute to the following:
- Amy Berry will take hold of the two children’s rooms, with her sophisticated eye towards creating playful spaces that promote activity and creativity.
- Barclay Butera will create an outdoor oasis to help homeowners reconnect with nature and promote enjoyment of the great outdoors.
- Castle Homes interior design team will handle the architectural design details along with the five bathrooms and laundry space.
- Chenault James, in a nod to her bourbon-based Pappy Van Winkle roots, will design a dining room fit for year- round entertaining.
- Dani Arps, the master of designing commercial spaces for startups, will create an office that brings the sensibilities of today’s modern workspaces into the home.
- Design Galleria Kitchen and Bath Studio will provide a master bath that doubles as a spa retreat and design a kitchen that can handle meal preps and family dinners along with late night entertaining.
- Forbes+Masters are crafting a listening lounge as an ode to Music City. This music room will rival any moody night club and is the perfect place for putting on old LPs or trying your hand playing a vintage guitar.
- Kristine Paige Kamenstein, Jackson Paige Interiors, will construct a master bedroom that promotes rest and recovery, as well as intimacy and reconnection.
- Modern Remains will deliver a top floor media room that acts as a central zone for game and movie nights, plus they are creating a breakfast area off the main kitchen.
- Vern Yip takes notes from his book debuting later this summer, “Vacation at Home,” by turning the entry and living area into a space that invites conversation and connection in a thoughtfully designed setting.
House Beautiful will take their audience inside the home with an exclusive web series launching on HouseBeautiful.com when the issue hits newsstands. Each episode will focus on a single designer and showcase the before, during, and after of their design process, including decision-making, design plans and shopping for the home. The web series will also offer viewers a chance to hear first-hand how designers solve problems, including repurposing rooms that are rarely used, and how to create a private home office to maximize work productivity.
“The House Beautiful editorial experience is always about beautiful rooms,” said Jennifer Levene Bruno, VP, Group Publishing Director/Chief Revenue Officer. “What makes this project special is that we are producing beautiful rooms with purpose. The concept of this house is to create a magnificent home that contributes to your wellness, your peace of mind, and your sense of place. This is why we are so proud to unveil the designers who are contributing to the 2019 Whole Home Concept House.”
House Beautiful’s 2019 Whole Home Concept House welcomes returning partners Signature Kitchen Suite, LG, Benjamin Moore, Circa Lighting, Architectural Grille, Rocky Mountain Hardware, and Stressless, along with new partners Caesarstone, Castelle, Grothouse, Kohler, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Tempur-Sealy and The Tile Shop.
Follow along at www.HouseBeautiful.com and on Instagram and Twitter @HouseBeautiful.
House Beautiful’s Whole Home Concept House will be open for tour daily October 18 through November 3 in the historic Belle Meade area of Nashville, Tennessee. The beautiful English Arts & Crafts style home will promote happier, healthier, and smarter living and is being built by Castle Homes in partnership with ten designers from across the United States benefitting the Nashville Symphony. Tickets will be available via CastleHomes.com.
Nancy McNulty, Forest Home Media, [email protected]
ABOUT HOUSE BEAUTIFUL
House Beautiful (www.housebeautiful.com) is the trusted authority on homed design, with an audience of more than 10 million (MPA November 2018). Since 1896, House Beautiful has inspired readers to believe that a beautiful life begins at home. With alluring photography, candid conversations with top designers and original decorating ideas, House Beautiful invites readers to dream and do. Follow @housebeautiful on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. With 25 titles in the U.S., Hearst is the largest publisher of monthly magazines with a total paid circulation of over 36 million (AAM 1H 2017). Hearst Magazines’ print and digital assets reach nearly 137 million readers and site visitors each month–more than two-thirds of all women and millennial women in the country (source: 2017 comScore Multi-Platform/MRI 09-17/S17). Hearst Digital Media has 143 million followers across social.
ABOUT CASTLE HOMES
Celebrating 25 years of building excellence, Castle Homes first launched the Nashville Symphony Show House in 2015, a Contemporary Folk style home. The team previously earned the coveted 2012 Southern Living Custom Builder of the Year for exceptional home building. As a top Nashville based design-build company, Castle Homes pioneered producing impeccable custom homes with a guaranteed price. Using super attention-to-detail, green building and proven craftsmanship, the talented staff includes construction degreed project managers and an experienced interior design staff who created a stunning spectrum of homes throughout the Middle Tennessee area from low-maintenance farmhouses in Leiper’s Fork to historically inspired English Country style homes.