For Your Family, For Our Environment
GREEN BUILDING is the standard for Castle Homes. The residential sector accounts for 22% of total energy consumed nationwide, according to the US Department of Energy. That’s why it matters that all Castle homes are constructed to minimize energy consumption and keep the world as green as possible.
We build responsibly with respect to the environment by:
- managing site recycling
- selecting sustainable building materials
- utilizing energy efficient HVAC and water systems
- adhering to a pre-construction plan to avoid overages or costly alterations
From lot preparation and building processes to interior planning and materials selection, we think ‘green’ at every turn. With this level of dedication and planning, every Castle contributes to the creation of more sustainable neighborhoods by minimizing environmental impact.
We also prioritize HEALTHIER, EVERYDAY LIVING for Castle homeowners. Castle homes are well-planned and designed to maximize every square foot of space. Our credentialed, experienced team, led by Founder/President Alan Looney, considers everything from air and water quality to appliance, window and finish selection. Superior systems and materials lead to better quality of living for families whose homes are their Castles.
We pursue third-party certification of Castle homes, to ensure we meet industry-wide standards and provide proof to homeowners that their Castles will offer energy efficiencies and reduced water consumption on a daily basis.
Another positive outcome of this third-party certified green building standard? Castle Homes hold excellent RESALE value. The energy efficiencies, advanced engineering and quality of materials motivate buyers because of their short and long-term benefits. From lower utilities bills and better indoor air quality to minimized pollution and overall environmental friendliness, it’s the value of Castle Homes sustains and endures.
“Our goal is to reduce environmental impact through design and construction by utilizing durable products, energy and water efficiencies with indoor air quality systems.” – Alan Looney, Founder and President of Castle Homes
Short-Term Benefits of Green Building:
- Lower energy bills
- Reduced water consumption, lower water bills
- Lower home maintenance costs
- Healthier homes, better indoor air quality
Long-Term Benefits of Green Building:
- Sustained, overall reduction of home energy used
- Reduced energy dependence
- Lessened strain on water supply
- Minimized product and building material use
- Less pollution for the Earth through responsible energy use
- Natural resources preserved for future generations
- Greater family comfort, health and peace of mind
- Lot Design, Preparation and Development
- Develop home site to minimize environmental intrusion during on-site construction
- Conserve existing on-site vegetation and preserve viable trees
- Manage storm water to minimize soil disturbance and erosion
Home Design And Resource Efficiency
Design floor plan to ensure efficient living areas that maximize space. (Designing a 4,000 square foot home to perform like a 4,500 square foot home.)
- Use advance framing techniques including:
- Engineered lumber, I-Joisted
- Radiant barrier sheeting
- Thermal house wrap
- Covered porches, overhang, perimeter drains
Expert home design reduces material use. Also, use of salvage materials when appropriate – newel posts, flooring, light fixtures, beams, brick.
Home Energy Efficiency – Energy Star Certified Home
- Third-party certification to determine whole home energy efficiency
- Castle uses a mechanical engineer to ensure HVAC is properly sized to the space for ultimate energy efficiency and proper air flow including:
- 14 to 16 seer heat pump systems
- Options – Geo-thermal, Duel-Fuel Systems
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy Star rated windows customized to local climate. Double-paned, insulated, low-E, Argon filled glass
- Blown cellulose in exterior walls and attic – R-44 in attic/R-15 in walls, Options – soy based foam
- Air tight IC rated can lights
- Tech Shield roof decking providing a radiant barrier ensures cooler attic temperatures
- Thermal House Wrap providing a radiant barrier again for more regulated temperatures
- Energy Star Rated Appliances
Home Water Efficiency
- EPA WaterSense certified commodes
- Energy Star water conserving dishwashers
- Water efficienct shower heads and sink faucets
- Irrigation system zoned separately for turf and bedding areas with weather-based sensor
Castle Homes met all of my expectations, we've lived in the home five years now, and they're always there when we need them. We were most satisfied with their craftsmanship & responsiveness.
craftsmanship & responsiveness
Saudrett & Everton Arrindell
Castle Homes paid attention to what our desires were and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. They were considerate, professional, and very attentive to details.
Exactly what we wanted
Webb & Kathryn Earthman
Building with Castle Homes was a wonderful experience! I was most satisfied with the overall build quality. It's a wonderful house to live in.
Kent & Donna Adams
Their team worked well in all aspects of the building process, from design details to the final product. They made it easy to select finishes, tile, brick, lighting and appliances. We worked as a team, and that was critical in attaining the look we wanted and keeping to the budget. We love our Castle home!